Maybe Every Joke Should Not Be Told?

Holly Mosley Cooper, MBA

I know… everyone is tired of talking about the slap but… maybe every joke that pops in your head, Chris Rock, shouldn’t be told? But… however insensitive and crass it may have been, it was still just a joke. Even Jada herself has come out and admitted that Will overreacted but did Miss Jada subliminally “egg him on with the look?” Have we become a bunch of “politically correct,” hypersensitive p***sies ready to pop off at any moment? Look at this article that I came across. I’m including a link for your convenience.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/celebrity/my-wife-has-alopecia-i-ve-dried-her-tears-affirmed-her-beauty-and-used-only-my-words-to-support-her/ar-AAVD57T?ocid=AMZN

In the article, the gentleman discusses how he and his wife have been dealing with her alopecia and how he has seen and dealt with the pain that it has caused her. But… he made a point to say that he used only his words to support her.

Please understand, I don’t condone violence, but I can somewhat understand  how Will could have a moment where “he lost it” when he saw the hurt in his wife’s eyes. And… let’s face it, she gave him  a “look that said to me and many other African-American women, ‘Knee-grow I know yo’ ass ain’t gon’ just sit there and let this joker disrespect me like that…’ ” Jada of course says she had no such look and I of course call BULLS**T!!

Now, Will’s career is in shambles… he’s been suspended from the Academy for 10 years! I’ll have more to say on that later, but I digress. Jada is not being terribly supportive. I’m not really liking Jada very much right now because she seems to have thrown poor Will under the bus… I believe she said to paraphrase “I don’t need to be defended…” Meanwhile, poor Will has checked into a mental health/rehab facility. It’s a real mess and very sad but let’s just hope this poor man hasn’t done irreparable damage to his career.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Your Sanity in the Era of the Orange Orangutan

Things in the news that annoy and irritate me

Countdown to the Weekend