Who is Telling the Truth - Brett Kavanaugh/Christine Blasey Ford Debacle?


Does anyone else get a feeling of déjà vu? I know that I’m not the only one that remembers the Clarence Thomas/Anita Hill debacle. Now we have the Brett Kavanaugh/Christine Blasey Ford debacle. Yet the Republicans seem hell bent on pushing this… person’s nomination through. Ms. Hill’s allegations involved sexual harassment. Dr. Ford’s allegations involved sexual assault or more specifically, attempted sexual assault. I’m hearing a lot of grumbling about why she waited so long to come forward? Is she a paid, political operative planted to derail Judge Kavanaugh’s nomination? To that I respond by asking who in their right mind would subject themselves to the type of abuse that she undoubtedly would undergo? I doubt if there is enough money in the world to sign up for that. She simply said that she felt that is was her civic duty to come forward and share her story.


Now I’m hearing that Kavanaugh is digging in for a fight and the Whitehouse will not be withdrawing his nomination. He says he didn’t do it. His witness that was in the room is an admitted teenaged alcoholic who was prone to blackouts. Dr. Ford said that both of them were stumbling drunk. To be sure, this is a mess of epic proportions. I realize that many of us did some really stupid things in high school but these are very serious allegations that must be addressed. I would like to think that we have learned a few things in all these years but I have zero confidence in that assertion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Keeping Your Sanity in the Era of the Orange Orangutan

Monogamy, Obamacare and Marissa Alexander

Countdown to the Weekend